Nature enthusiasts will enjoy a visit to Hveragerdi, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the hot springs, northern lights and spas. Scenic landscape and relaxing, this riverfront city will also delight visitors with its hiking, restaurants and bars.
- There are 6 Hveragerdi hotels
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas March is the most economical
Sightseeing around Hveragerdi
- Popular cultural attractions include Geothermal park, LA Art Museum, and Listasafn Árnesinga
- Hveragerdi Church and Raufarhólshellir are noteworthy landmarks
- The hot springs, northern lights and hiking trails exemplify the natural beauty, and some places to consider visiting are Reykjadalur Valley and Kerid Crater
Staying in Hveragerdi
You might like one of these highly rated, small-scale inns and unique properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
Frost and Fire, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.7 out of 5 user rating. Also Hotel Örk has a 4.3 rating by guests.
Dressing for Hveragerdi
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 5°C and the nighttime average to be -2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 13°C during the day and 0°C at night
- July to September averages 14°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 9°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Hveragerdi gets about 782 millimetres of rain per year