Travellers to Hurghada give high marks for the beaches and entertainment choices. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its cafes and live music. Top sights in the city include Aqua Park, New Marina and Mahmya.
- There are 426 hotels and other accommodation options in Hurghada
- The closest major airport is in Hurghada (HRG-Hurghada Intl.), 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Hurghada
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Hurghada Marine Museum & Aquarium, Church of St. Mary and the Archangels and Desert Breath Land Art. Attractions like Aqua Park, Hurghada Grand Aquarium and Makadi Water World are fun for kids of all ages. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and such places to visit as Mahmya and El Gouna Beach.
In Sahl Hasheeh, there are 426 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Oberoi Beach Resort, Sahl Hasheesh - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Village Road can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Bel Air Azur Resort- Adult only - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this resort. This 3-star resort in Dahar features 3 restaurants, free breakfast and an outdoor pool.
- Kempinski Hotel Soma Bay - This 5-star hotel features a casino, a restaurant and an outdoor pool. Expedia customers love its family-friendly amenities and clean rooms.
Other top sights in Hurghada include New Marina.
Dressing for Hurghada
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 12°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 36°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 37°C during the day and 24°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 33°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 36°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 13°C