Visitors to Huntly are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its bars. Top sights around the area include Craigievar Castle, Macallan Distillery and Cardhu Distillery.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Huntly
- The closest major airport is in Aberdeen (ABZ), 27.9 mi (44.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Huntly
Notable city landmarks like Huntly Castle and Leith Hall and Garden might be worth a visit. Additionally, you might want to add Glendronach Distillery to your agenda.
As you plan for your holiday to Huntly, you might not find an accommodation in the heart of the city, but you can choose from 225 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Castle Hotel is located 3.7 mi (6 km) from the heart of Huntly. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Huntly can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Deveron View is 7.9 mi (12.8 km) from central Huntly. This 3-star hotel in Grantown-on-Spey features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Craiglynne Hotel is 7 mi (11.3 km) from the centre of Huntly. This 3-star hotel in Elgin features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and breakfast.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Craigievar Castle, located 17.3 mi (27.8 km) from the city centre, and Castle Fraser, which is 20.3 mi (32.6 km) away.
Getting around Huntly
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Huntly Station. Huntly may not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Huntly
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 9°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of 1°C
- About 868.50 millimetres of rain falls on Huntly each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 17°C, whereas February and January are often coldest, averaging 1°C