Hornsby's accommodation options make it a great destination for budget-minded travellers, but all guests will enjoy the restaurants and shopping. Tucked away and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its parks and bars.
- There are 2 Hornsby hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Hornsby
- The natural setting of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Hornsby Park, Newport Beach, and Wahroonga Park
- Shopping is a highlight of the area, so enjoy some retail therapy at Parkway Plaza Shopping Centre, Castle Towers Shopping Centre and Macquarie Shopping Centre
Getting around Hornsby
There are plenty of options for getting around Hornsby. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Sydney Hornsby Station.
Staying in Hornsby
Seeking a charming locale or stylish getaway? You may appreciate these top-rated, small-scale inns and unique hotels:
- Waldorf Hornsby Residential Apartments
- The Hornsby Inn
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Waldorf Hornsby Residential Apartments with a 4.6 out of 5 user rating, whereas The Hornsby Inn has a 4 rating by guests.
Dressing for Hornsby
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- Hornsby gets about 1191 millimetres of rain per year