Visitors to Holzkirchen are sure to find plenty to explore and enjoy. Lake Tegernsee, Lake Starnberg and Hellabrunn Zoo are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Holzkirchen
- The closest major airport is in Munich (MUC-Franz Josef Strauss Intl.), 34.2 mi (55.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Innsbruck (INN-Kranebitten), 44.6 mi (71.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Holzkirchen
Lake Tegernsee, Lake Starnberg and Hellabrunn Zoo are some of the notable places to visit in the surrounding region. Additionally, you'll find New Fair Munich in the area.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel und Landgasthof Altwirt - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Miesbach District can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see in the surrounding area is Munich Trade Fair, 19.1 mi/30.8 km from the city centre.
Getting around Holzkirchen
If you want to explore the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Holzkirchen Station. Holzkirchen might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Holzkirchen
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -5°C
- From April to June, the average is 22°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and -4°C as the night-time average
- About 951 millimetres of rain falls on Holzkirchen each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 22°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -4°C