Photo by Mark Fitz
Search Hotels in Heron Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Most hotels are fully refundable. Because flexibility matters.
Check Heron Island hotel prices
Via Gladstone, Heron Island, QLD
0.25 mi from city centre
Heron Island Resort
4.1/5Very Good! (148 reviews)
"Incredible! Cannot fault our experience on heron island. This isn’t a luxury resort but if you’re into snorkelling and diving it is the place to be. The food was amazing and so exciting having a different menu every day. We cannot wait to return and won’t stop talking about it for a long time."
Reviewed on 15 Jul 2021
Don't see what you're looking for?
See all available properties in Heron IslandView all properties
Lowest nightly price found within the past 24 hours based on a 1 night stay for 2 adults. Prices and availability subject to change. Additional terms may apply.
Visiting Heron Island
Visitors can enjoy all that Heron Island has to offer including its coral reefs. There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Gladstone, QLD (GLT), 52.9 mi (85.1 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Heron Island
A couple of favourite places to visit are Coral Sea and Heron Island Dock. Additionally, you'll find The University of Queensland - Heron Island Research Station in the area.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Heron Island Resort - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, a private beach and free breakfast. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and beach locale.
Dressing for Heron Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 31°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 21°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 14°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 19°C as the night-time average
- Heron Island gets about 905 millimetres of rain per year
- January and December are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 15°C
Frequently asked questions
Heron Island Hotel Reviews
Expedia Verified Review
5 / 5 Excellent
Incredible! Cannot fault our experience on heron island. This isn’t a luxury resort but if you’re into snorkelling and diving it is the place to be. The food was amazing and so exciting having a different menu every day. We cannot wait to return and won’t stop talking about it for a long time.
Heron Island Resort
A verified traveller stayed at Heron Island Resort
Posted 2 months ago