Search Hotels in Hayman Island
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Hayman Island
Visitors to Hayman Island are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's beaches, sporting events and spas. A top sight in the area is Whitehaven Beach.
- There are 216 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Hamilton Island, QLD (HTI-Great Barrier Reef), 20.9 mi (33.6 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Proserpine, QLD (PPP-Whitsunday Coast), 37.1 mi (59.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Hayman Island
The city's natural beauty is on display at Hayman Island Reef, Whitsunday Lookout and Coral Sea. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Cook Lookout and Dolphin Point Lookout.
As you plan your trip to Hayman Island, you might not find an accommodation in the city centre, but you can select from 216 lodging options within the bigger area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- InterContinental Hayman Island Resort is located 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from the heart of Hayman Island. This 5-star resort in Hayman Island features a marina, 2 outdoor pools and a full-service spa. Our customers like its bar and breakfast.
- Airlie Beach Hotel is 18.3 mi (29.5 km) from central Hayman Island. This 3.5-star hotel in Airlie Beach features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Our customers like its bar and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the popular sights outside the city is Whitehaven Beach, 18 mi/29 km from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Hayman Island
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 21°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 31°C during the day and 18°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Hayman Island is 1281.00 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually December and January with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are July and June with an average of 14°C