Get an overview of this hotelTraditional Alster Lake hotel with a swimming pool
Collect 200 Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.*Offers may apply
Popular property highlights
Near train station
This palatial hotel rises along the Outer Alster River, two blocks from the Hamburger Kunsthalle (art museum) and the National Theater; Hamburg Messe is one km away.
Onsite health spa
The hotel's Energy Clinic offers an indoor swimming pool, massage treatments, and a signature line of cosmetics—plus, the Atlantic Restaurant features gourmet seafood.
Air-conditioned guestrooms feature courtyard or side-street views, traditional and contemporary-style European decor. Accommodations provide complimentary wireless Internet access and flat panel televisions.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg
Kempinski Hotel Atlantic Hamburg offers a riverside location 1 km (a half-mile) from the Hamburg Messe convention center and the Gänsemarkt and Jungfernstieg upscale-shopping streets.
The hotel has an acclaimed restaurant: the gourmet Atlantic, serving regional cuisine. The lobby bar is dominated by the original fireplace. A courtyard, open for drinks and snacks in summer, has a fountain and teak furniture.
There are 13 meeting rooms, with a total space measuring 4078 square feet (379 square meters), and public areas offer complimentary wireless Internet access. The Grand Ballroom features 8-meter (26-foot) ceilings, huge chandeliers, and a fireplace. A business center with printing services is also available, as well as fitness facilities.
- Free WiFi
- Indoor pool
- Full-service spa
- Spa treatment room(s)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Multilingual staff
- 24-hour front desk
- Total number of rooms - 221
- Laundry facilities
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Babysitting or childcare
- Fireplace in lobby
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Wedding services
- Conference space
- Fitness facilities
- Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of floors - 4
- Meeting rooms 13
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 4078
- Conference space size (meters) - 379
- Airport transportation (surcharge)
- Spa services on site
- Designated smoking areas
- Year Built 1909
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Valet parking (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Premium bedding
- Separate sitting area
- Room service (24 hours)
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Soundproofed rooms
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Free bottled water
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- In-room massage available
- Shower only
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free newspaper
- Daily housekeeping
- LED TV
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Free cribs/infant beds
- In-room childcare (surcharge)
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Satellite TV service
- Free WiFi
- Dial-up Internet access (surcharge)
- iPod docking station
- Pillowtop mattress
- Pillow menu
Where to Eat
Atlantic Restaurant Experience a fusion of traditional German tastes with fresh seasonal ingredients and compelling views of Lake Alster at Atlantic Restaurant. Open daily for lunch and dinner, with a smart casual dress code.
Atlantic Alstersalon The Alstersalon offers a vast variety of Hanseatic and European delicacies featured at a daily breakfast buffet of fresh fruits and juices, egg dishes, sweets, and pastries. As an alternative, guests may choose from a traditional à la carte breakfast menu.
Legendary Atlantic Bar Have a seat at the Art-déco Atlantic Bar in the hotel lobby for High Tea and good conversation during the day or piano playing and cocktails in the evening. Enjoy a selection of fine cigars in the exclusive Smokers’ Lounge. Open daily.
Romantic Atlantic Atrium Enjoy light meals, coffee, or creative cocktails in Hamburg's one and only Roman courtyard. With Mediterranean charm and serenity, the Atlantic Atrium provides the perfect place to escape from the city for a while. Open daily for lunch and dinner, serving international bistro fare.
Nearby Things to Do
- Golfing nearby
- Sailing nearby
- Scooter/moped rentals nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
- Bicycle rentals on site
- Segway rental/tour nearby
The onsite Energy Clinic includes an indoor pool, sauna, exercise rooms, and an adjacent sunning terrace with river views. 4-hand and 6-hand massages are among the treatments available.
- Couples treatment rooms
- Manicures and pedicures
- Body wraps
- Body scrubs
- Sauna in spa
- Body treatments
- Facial treatments
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Roll-in shower
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for EUR 70.00 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of EUR 39 per pet, per night
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Debit cards not accepted
No rollaway/extra beds available
- Fee for buffet breakfast: EUR 35 for adults and EUR 17.50 for children (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: EUR 150 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Valet parking fee: EUR 35.00 per day
- Pet fee: EUR 39 per pet, per night
- Rollaway bed fee: EUR 70.00 per night
- Atlantic Hotel Kempinski
- Atlantic Kempinski
- Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg
- Hamburg Kempinski Hotel Atlantic
- Hotel Atlantic Hamburg
- Hotel Atlantic Kempinski
- Hotel Atlantic Kempinski Hamburg
- Hotel Hamburg Atlantic Kempinski
- Kempinski Atlantic
- Kempinski Hotel Hamburg Atlantic
- Kempinski Atlantic Hotel Hamburg
- Hamburg Kempinski Atlantic Hotel
We should mention
Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Hotelstars Union assigns an official star rating for properties in Germany. This property is rated 5 star Superior and is displayed on this page as 5.0 stars.