Visitors to Hailsham are sure to enjoy the gardens and bars. The welcoming and countryside setting also entices those visiting the city. Top sights in the city include Herstmonceux Castle and Michelham Priory.
- There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in Hailsham
- The closest major airport is in London (LGW-Gatwick), 27.4 mi (44 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Hailsham
Attractions like Blackstock Farm and Knockhatch Adventure Park are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Herstmonceux Castle and Michelham Priory. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the gardens and English Channel.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Hailsham. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Starnash Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and location.
- Relaxinnz The Horseshoe Inn - Our customers like the bar and comfortable, quiet rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- The Corn Exchange - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and a bar. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to visit outside the city include Pevensey Castle, 4.6 mi/7.3 km from the city centre, and Drusilla's Zoo, which is 6.5 mi/10.5 km away.
Dressing for Hailsham
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 21°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 25 millimetres of rain falls on Hailsham each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 21°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C