Travellers give high marks for the top-notch restaurants in Guisborough, which is also known for its bars. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas and coffee shops. Top sights around the area include Hartlepool Maritime Experience, Yorkshire Moors and Riverside Stadium.
- There are 15 hotels and other accommodation options in Guisborough
- The closest major airport is in Durham (MME-Tees Valley), 14.7 mi (23.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Guisborough
The picturesque setting of Yorkshire Moors and Guisborough Forest exemplify the city's natural beauty. Additionally, you might want to add Guisborough Priory to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 15 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Guisborough. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Cross Keys Hotel by Greene King Inns - This 3-star inn features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and overall value.
- The Fox & Hounds - Our customers like the comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking.
Popular places to see around the area include Hartlepool Maritime Experience, located 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from the city centre, and Riverside Stadium, which is 6.8 mi (10.9 km) away.
Dressing for Guisborough
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Guisborough is 19 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C