Greenwich has accommodation options for budget-minded travellers, though all guests will enjoy the cafes and restaurants. Welcoming and urban, this city also attracts visitors with its shopping and live music.
- There are 4 Greenwich hotels
- January is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas September is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Sydney, NSW (SYD-Kingsford Smith Intl.), 7.3 mi (11.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Greenwich
- Known for its live music scene, whereas Mary MacKillop Place, Don Bank Museum, and Ensemble Theatre are some local cultural sights
- Places such as Bondi Beach and Newport Beach exemplify the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Birkenhead Point Outlet Centre, Mandarin Center and The Rocks Markets
Staying in Greenwich
For trips with large groups, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Hotel Urban St Leonards.
You may appreciate one of these traveller-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties for a romantic getaway or boutique stay:
- Linwood Lodge Motel
- Greenwich Inn Sydney Hotel
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Hotel Urban St Leonards with a 4.4 out of 5 user rating, whereas Linwood Lodge Motel and Greenwich Inn Sydney Hotel are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Greenwich
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 20°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 25°C and nighttime averages of 12°C
- Greenwich gets about 1191 millimetres of rain per year