Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars, and shopping in Skipton. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and walkable, countryside city has to offer, including its coffeehouses, spas, and gardens.
- Though not directly in Skipton, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- July is the most expensive month to travel here, while January tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Leeds (LBA-Leeds Bradford), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Skipton
- Popular family attractions include Kilnsey Park Estate, Parcevall Hall Gardens, and Hesketh Farm Park
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit like Bolton Abbey
- The gardens and countryside highlight the natural beauty, and Grimwith Reservoir, Gordale Scar, and Malham Cove are some places worth a visit
Staying in Skipton
You might like Ashfield House, averaging GBP 162.46 per night, for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay. Ashfield House, a 5-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Skipton
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the nighttime average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July through September averages 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and 2°C at night
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Skipton each year