Search Grand Rapids Hotels, Michigan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 19 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 18 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 16 Oct 2020
Reviewed on 25 Nov 2020
Reviewed on 15 Oct 2020
Visiting Grand Rapids
Travellers to Grand Rapids give high marks for the live music scene, theatre and breweries. Tourists who journey to this urban city can discover its art, baseball games and local tours. Top sights in the city include Grand Rapids Art Museum, Van Andel Arena and Public Museum of Grand Rapids.
- There are 118 hotels and other accommodation options in Grand Rapids
- The closest major airport is in Grand Rapids, MI (GRR-Gerald R. Ford Intl.), 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Muskegon, MI (MKG-Muskegon County), 31.7 mi (51 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Grand Rapids
Known for its live music, art and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Grand Rapids Art Museum, Public Museum of Grand Rapids and Gerald R. Ford Museum. Attractions like John Ball Zoo, Patterson Ice Center and Pando Park are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Meyer May House, Coopersville & Marne Railway and La Grande Vitesse.
Other favourite sights in Grand Rapids include Van Andel Arena, Grand Rapids Children's Museum and Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park. Top places to see around the area include Gun Lake Casino, located 23.2 mi (37.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Grand Haven Beach, which is 29.7 mi/47.7 km away.
Getting around Grand Rapids
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop aboard a train at Grand Rapids Station. Grand Rapids might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Grand Rapids
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 28°C, whilst the average at night is 0°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 19°C and night-time averages of -7°C
- About 972 millimetres of rain falls on Grand Rapids each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 28°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -7°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Grand Rapids?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Grand Rapids, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Grand Rapids?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday in Grand Rapids?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Grand Rapids?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Grand Rapids?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Grand Rapids?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Grand Rapids?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Grand Rapids?
What's the best golf hotel in Grand Rapids?
Where's the best place to stay for a winter holiday in Grand Rapids?
Grand Rapids Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Grand Rapids by Star Rating
- Hotels near Grand Rapids Airports
- Areas of Grand Rapids
- Accommodation near Grand Rapids Attractions
- More accommodation types in Grand Rapids
- Choose Your Grand Rapids Hotel Style
- Search Grand Rapids Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Grand Rapids
- Hotels Near Grand Rapids, Michigan
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends