Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, beaches, and bars in Corfu. Welcoming and walkable, this seaside city also attracts visitors with its gardens, island views, and entertainment.
- There are 17 Corfu hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Corfu (CFU-Ioannis Kapodistrias), 4.9 mi (7.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Corfu
- Top activities include exploring the waterfront and boating, while Port of Corfu is one place to visit
- Notable for its historic sites and landmarks to visit including Ali Pasha Castle, Butrint, and Ancient Roman Baths
- The beach, seaside, and gardens highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Dassia Beach, Pyrgi Beach, and Ermones Beach
Corfu is adjacent to Gazátika. Top sights in the area include Kapodistrias Museum and Glyfada Beach.
Getting around Corfu
There are plenty of options for getting around Corfu. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Corfu
When looking for a holiday accommodation at an affordable price, consider that Corfu has 17 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from. There are 10 hotels ranging from GBP 27 to GBP 179 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider a larger hotel like the highly rated Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel, averaging GBP 224.14 per night. Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Art Hotel Debono, averaging GBP 98.5/night
- SPITI PRIFTI, averaging GBP 78.51/night
A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Art Hotel Debono with a 5 out of 5 user rating while SPITI PRIFTI and Louis Corcyra Beach Hotel are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Corfu
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July through September averages 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- About 28 millimetres of rain falls on Corfu each year