Search Hotels in Gothenburg
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Travellers to Gothenburg give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its museums, cafes and theme park. Top sights in the city include Gothenburg City Museum, Maritima Museum and Gothenburg Opera.
- There are 115 hotels and other accommodation options in Gothenburg
- The closest major airport is in Gothenburg (GOT-Landvetter), 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Trollhattan (THN-Vanersborg), 44.5 mi (71.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Gothenburg
Well known for its museums, the city's cultural venues include Gothenburg City Museum, Maritima Museum and Gothenburg Opera. The city is notable for landmarks like Gustav Adolf Square, Kronhuset and Poseidon Statue. The city's natural beauty is on display at Botanic Gardens, Castle Forest and Garden Society of Gothenburg.
In Vastra Frolunda, you can choose from 115 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Thorskogs Slott - This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Dorsia Hotel & Restaurant - Our customers like the bar and breakfast at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Centrum features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Upper House - This 5-star hotel in Centrum features 2 indoor pools, a full-service spa and 4 restaurants. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to public transport.
Other favourite sights in Gothenburg include Gothenburg Museum of Art, Universeum and Liseberg Amusement Park.
Getting around Gothenburg
With so many transport options, seeing all of Gothenburg is easy. Walk to nearby metro stations such as Kungsportsplatsen Tram Stop, Brunnsparken Tram Stop and Domkyrkan Tram Stop. If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Gothenburg Central Station, Gothenburg Liseberg Station or Chapmans Torg Tram Stop.
Dressing for Gothenburg
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and -2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Gothenburg is 24 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Gothenburg?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Gothenburg, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Gothenburg?
What's the best hotel for a family trip to Gothenburg?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday to Gothenburg?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Gothenburg?
What's the best accommodation option for a beach holiday in Gothenburg?
What's the best high-end hotel in Gothenburg?
What's the best boutique hotel in Gothenburg?
What's the best place to stay if I'm looking to play golf in Gothenburg?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Gothenburg?
Gothenburg Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Gothenburg by Star Rating
- Hotels near Gothenburg Airports
- Areas of Gothenburg
- Accommodation near Gothenburg Attractions
- More accommodation types in Gothenburg
- Choose Your Gothenburg Hotel Style
- Search Gothenburg Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Gothenburg
- Hotels Near Gothenburg, Vastra Gotaland County
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends