Visitors to Gloucester are sure to enjoy the shopping and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Rideau Canal, Byward Market Square and National Gallery of Canada.
- There are 9 hotels and other accommodation options in Gloucester
- The closest major airport is in Ottawa, ON (YOW-Macdonald-Cartier Intl.), 10.8 mi (17.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gloucester
The city's natural beauty is on display at Princess Louise Falls, Millennium Sports Park and Petrie Island Park. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Place D'Orleans Shopping Center is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, you might want to add Canada Aviation and Space Museum to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Gloucester. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ottawa East - Orleans - Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ottawa Division can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its convenient parking and clean, quiet rooms.
- Quality Inn Orleans - Our customers like the overall value and quiet location at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel in Ottawa Division features free breakfast, free parking and a spa tub.
- Travelodge by Wyndham Ottawa East - Guests who stay at this 2-star hotel in Ottawa Division can enjoy access to a restaurant and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Rideau Canal, 8 mi/12.8 km from the city centre, and Byward Market Square, which is 8.1 mi/13 km away.
Dressing for Gloucester
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the night-time average to be -15°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -3°C at night
- July to September averages 27°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and -13°C at night
- About 34 millimetres of rain falls on Gloucester each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -13°C