Hotels in Glasgow, United Kingdom
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 5 Oct 2020
Where to stay in Glasgow
City Centre Glasgow
4/5Very Good!(1,965 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and popular shops, there's plenty to explore in City Centre Glasgow. Check out top attractions like George Square and Royal Concert Hall, and jump on the metro at Buchanan Street Station or St Enoch Station to see more of the city.
4.5/5Wonderful!(590 area reviews)
Discover one of the coolest corners of a Glasgow, a trendy student district with historic streets, popular arts venues and offbeat places to eat and drink.
4/5Very Good!(5 area reviews)
The restaurants and museums are a few reasons travellers visit North Glasgow. Want to see more of the surrounding area? George Square and Royal Concert Hall are a few top sights nearby.
4/5Very Good!(12 area reviews)
You'll enjoy the restaurants and museums in East End. You might want to make time for a stop at Glasgow Green or Celtic Park.
4/5Very Good!(49 area reviews)
Known for its fantastic nightlife and great live music, there's plenty to explore in North West. Check out top attractions like Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and The SSE Hydro, and jump on the metro at Hillhead Station or Kelvinbridge Station to see more of the city.
Travellers to Glasgow give high marks for the fascinating museums, shopping and renowned art. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its theatres, live music and local tours. Top sights in the city include George Square, Gallery of Modern Art and Glasgow Cathedral.
- There are 630 hotels and other accommodation options in Glasgow
- The closest major airport is in Glasgow (GLA-Glasgow Intl.), 7.2 mi (11.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Glasgow (PIK-Prestwick), 28.1 mi (45.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glasgow
Known for its museums, art and theatres, the city's cultural venues include Gallery of Modern Art, The SSE Hydro and Clyde Auditorium. The city is notable for landmarks like George Square, Glasgow Cathedral and Lighthouse. The city's natural beauty is on display at Botanic Gardens, Loch Lomond and Loch Lomond and The Trossachs National Park.
Other favourite sights in Glasgow include Glasgow Science Centre, Kelvingrove Art Gallery and Museum and Riverside Museum. Popular places to see outside the city include Paisley Abbey, located 6.7 mi (10.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Stirling Castle, which is 21.7 mi/34.9 km away.
Getting around Glasgow
With so many ways to get around, exploring Glasgow is simple. Nearby metro stations include Buchanan Street Station, St Enoch Station and Cowcaddens Station. If you want to journey outside the area, ride aboard a train from Glasgow Queen Street Station, Glasgow Argyle Street Station or Glasgow Central Station.
Dressing for Glasgow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Glasgow is 1323 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Glasgow?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Glasgow, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly accommodation in Glasgow?
What's the best place to stay for a family holiday to Glasgow?
What's the best hotel for couples in Glasgow?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Glasgow?
What's the best high-end hotel in Glasgow?
What's the best boutique-style hotel in Glasgow?
What's the best golf hotel in Glasgow?
Glasgow Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Glasgow by Star Rating
- Hotels near Glasgow Airports
- Areas of Glasgow
- Accommodation near Glasgow Attractions
- More accommodation types in Glasgow
- Choose Your Glasgow Hotel Style
- Search Glasgow Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Glasgow
- Hotels Near Glasgow, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends