Visiting Gir National Park
Visitors can enjoy all that Gir National Park has to offer including its parks. There are 22 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Diu (DIU), 27.3 mi (43.9 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Gir National Park
A couple of favourite places to visit are Gir National Park and Kamleshwar Dam. Additionally, you'll find Sasan River Bridge and Sasan Gir Temple in the area.
As you plan for your holiday to Gir National Park, you might not find the perfect accommodation centrally located, but you can select from 22 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the area:
- Hotel Samrat is located 28 mi (45 km) from the heart of Gir National Park. This 3-star hotel in Diu features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Gir Lions Paw Resort With Swimming Pool is 19 mi (30.5 km) from central Gir National Park. Guests who stay at this 3-star resort in Sasan Gir can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with in-room LCD TVs.
- Hotel Khushi International is 27.9 mi (44.8 km) from the centre of Gir National Park. This 3-star hotel in Diu features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Nagoa Beach, located 27.5 mi (44.3 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Gir National Park
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 15°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 21°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 24°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 34°C and night-time averages of 16°C
- Average annual rainfall for Gir National Park is 716 millimetres
- Usually October and November are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 16°C