Visitors to Geraldton are sure to enjoy the seaside. In Geraldton, there are 17 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from. The closest major airport is in Geraldton, WA (GET), 6.7 mi (10.9 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Geraldton
Cultural venues in the city include Queens Park Theatre, Old Geraldton Gaol Craft Centre and Museum and Western Australian Museum. Notable city landmarks like HMAS Sydney II Memorial and Cathedral of St Francis Xavier Church might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Geraldton Beach, Hell's Gate Beach and Pages Beach.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options available to pick from in Geraldton. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Geraldton's Ocean West - This 3.5-star motel features an outdoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and helpful staff.
- Weelaway - Our customers like the proximity to shopping and comfortable beds at this B&B. This 4.5-star bed & breakfast features free WiFi, free parking and a library.
- Ocean Centre Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Dressing for Geraldton
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 33°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 17°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 23°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 31°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Geraldton is 457 millimetres
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while August and September are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C