Guests will appreciate the casinos, island and castle in Freienbach. Welcoming and scenic landscape, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its coffeehouses, theme park and restaurants.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas January is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 20 mi (32.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Freienbach
- Boating is one of the top activities, whereas Alpamare Water Park, Knies Kinderzoo, and Jucker Farm are favourite sights to visit
- Well-known for its art scene, whereas Rapperswil Castle is a popular attraction
- Notable for its castle and landmarks to visit, including Uster Castle, Thomas Mann Wohnhaus, and Museum Muehlerama
- The lakes, island and beaches provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Lake Luetzelsee, Enea Tree Museum, and Grueningen Botanical Garden
Getting around Freienbach
There are many transport options in Freienbach. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Freienbach Pfaeffikon Station.
Staying in Freienbach
For family trips or any other travel plans, you might prefer a property such as the highly rated Seedamm Plaza.
Seedamm Plaza, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 3.2 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Freienbach
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- Freienbach gets about 37 millimetres of rain per year