Search Hotels in Freeport
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Meal plans available
Reviewed on 28 Feb 2020
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 18 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 3 May 2019
Reviewed on 11 Jan 2021
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2018
Reviewed on 31 Jul 2019
Reviewed on 9 Jul 2019
Reviewed on 9 Sep 2019
Reviewed on 14 Apr 2019
Reviewed on 5 Apr 2019
Reviewed on 26 Apr 2019
Reviewed on 6 Aug 2019
Reviewed on 27 Jan 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Freeport, and visitors give high marks for the beaches, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This relaxing city also attracts tourists with its entertainment and live music. Top sights in the city include Port Lucaya Marketplace, Xanadu Beach and Lucaya Beach.
- There are 150 hotels and other accommodation options in Freeport
- The closest major airport is in Freeport (FPO-Grand Bahama Intl.), 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Freeport
Notable city landmarks like Cooper's Castle and Count Basie Square might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Xanadu Beach, Lucaya Beach and Taino Beach. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Port Lucaya Marketplace is a favourite for retail therapy.
In West Grand Bahama, you can choose from 150 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lighthouse Pointe at Grand Lucayan - This 4-star resort features a full-service spa, 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its WiFi and room size.
- Old Bahama Bay Resort & Yacht Harbour - This 4-star hotel features a marina, a private beach and 2 restaurants.
- Pelican Bay Resort at Lucaya - With a stay at this 4-star resort, guests can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with an in-room kitchenette. Expedia customers like its central location and helpful staff.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Gold Rock Beach, located 18.8 mi (30.3 km) from the centre of the city.
Dressing for Freeport
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 27°C and the night-time average to be 17°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 31°C during the day and 19°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 23°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 17°C at night
- About 1479 millimetres of rain falls on Freeport each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 17°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place for a stay in Freeport?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Freeport, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Freeport?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Freeport?
What's the best hotel for a romantic holiday to Freeport?
What's the best all-inclusive hotel in Freeport?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Freeport?
What's the best luxury hotel in Freeport?
What's the best boutique-style accommodation in Freeport?
What's the best golf hotel in Freeport?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Freeport?
Freeport Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Freeport by Star Rating
- Hotels near Freeport Airports
- Areas of Freeport
- Accommodation near Freeport Attractions
- More accommodation types in Freeport
- Choose Your Freeport Hotel Style
- Search Freeport Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Freeport
- Hotels Near Freeport, West Grand Bahama
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends