Visitors can enjoy all that Frankston has to offer including the golf courses and spas. The cultural and welcoming setting also entices those visiting the city. A top sight in the area is Mornington Racecourse.
- There are 19 hotels and other accommodation options in Frankston
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 31.3 mi (50.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 36 mi (58 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Frankston
A couple of favourite places to visit are Frankston Arts Centre and Foreshore Reserve. Additionally, you'll find Mornington Racecourse in the area.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 19 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Frankston. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Nightcap at The Cheeky Squire - With a stay at this 3.5-star motel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Frankston International - Our customers like the breakfast and overall value at this hotel. This 3.5-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
Getting around Frankston
With so many ways to get around, exploring all of Frankston is simple. Head over to Frankston Station for metro transport. To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Melbourne Leawarra Station.
Dressing for Frankston
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 27°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 10°C
- From April to June, the average is 20°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- About 12 millimetres of rain falls on Frankston each year
- February and January are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while July and June are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 5°C