Budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Fountain though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's restaurants and rivers. Around the area, top sights include Cheyenne Mountain State Park, Cheyenne Mountain Zoo and United States Olympic Complex.
- You'll find 889 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Colorado Springs
- The closest major airport is in Colorado Springs, CO (COS), 10.9 mi (17.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Pueblo, CO (PUB-Pueblo Memorial), 26.3 mi (42.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Fountain
A favourite place to visit in the city is Pikes Peak International Raceway. In the area, you'll also find Cheyenne Mountain State Park and Cheyenne Mountain Zoo.
This is a top place to stay based on our user reviews:
- Ute Motel - Amenities at this 2-star motel include free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
Top places to visit in the area include United States Olympic Complex, located 15.6 mi (25.1 km) from the city centre, and Garden of the Gods, which is 20.1 mi/32.3 km away.
Dressing for Fountain
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -8°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 29°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 30°C with night-time averages of 6°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 20°C and night-time averages of -9°C
- Fountain gets about 477.90 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 29°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -8°C