Search Hotels in Fort William
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Visiting Fort William
Travellers to Fort William give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and lively bar scene. Scenic and welcoming, this city also attracts tourists with its mountain views. Top sights in the city include Ben Nevis, Lochaber Geopark and Loch Linnhe. In Fort William, there are 122 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Fort William
Notable city landmarks like Inverlochy Castle and Neptune's Staircase might be worth a visit. The hiking trails and mountains highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Ben Nevis, Lochaber Geopark and Loch Linnhe. Taking a ferry is a top activity, and Aonach Mor Ski Resort is one place to visit.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Glenfinnan Viaduct, located 9.1 mi (14.7 km) from the centre of the city.
Getting around Fort William
With so many ways to get around, seeing Fort William is simple. If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Locheilside Station, Loch Eli Outward Bound Station or Fort William Station. You can catch a ferry and cross the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Fort William
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 1319.50 millimetres of rain falls on Fort William each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Fort William?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Fort William, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Fort William?
What's the best hotel for a family holiday to Fort William?
What's the best place to stay for a romantic holiday in Fort William?
What's the best pet-friendly accommodation option in Fort William?
What's the best hotel to stay near the beach in Fort William?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Fort William?
What's the best boutique hotel in Fort William?
Where's the best place to stay for a trip to the slopes in Fort William?
What are some accommodation options with pools in Fort William?
Fort William Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Fort William by Star Rating
- Hotels near Fort William Airports
- Areas of Fort William
- Accommodation near Fort William Attractions
- More accommodation types in Fort William
- Choose Your Fort William Hotel Style
- Search Fort William Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Fort William
- Hotels Near Fort William, Scotland
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends