Best Place to stay in Fort Kochi
If you want old world charm with all the modern luxuries, this is the place. Located right on the main shipping channel getting into Kochi port, this hotel is walking distance from all Kochi attractions. the rooms are nice and spacious, bathrooms big and airy. the break fast is also pretty good mix of Indian and continental, the quality of bacon is pathetic. Staff is very courteous and polite. Its expensive but worth it. I have had some experiences, not bad but show lack of training of the staff :
- at breakfast, they get you the eggs. No toast or butter inspite of ordering alog with the egg. Then toast and then butter. all in all 15 minutes between the egg and toast and butter. Egg gets cold. toast gets cold
- you order a drink in the bar. they get your drink to your table and disappear. No ice is served. One has to walk to the bar and get ice. Everybody disappears. don't know why.
- I booked a taxi to drop me to the airport. next day, just to recheck I ask the front desk about my booking. they are clue less. they say there is no handover register. they book the cab again. cant depend on the instructing once. needs to be checked and followed up.
- if you are staying in twin bedded non sea facing room, be ready to stink up as they get all their garbage and line it up right below these rooms. don't take these rooms.
- get better quality of soap. the soap crumbles in your hands its difficult to shower with pieces of soap.
Comment from Hotel Management
14-Apr-2018 by Suresh , Hotel Management
Regret the delay in response.
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Understand there were few instances where our response was not up to the mark. We deeply regret the inconvenience causes to you in this regard. We would take up the matter with the top management and do all possible to avoid such issues in future.