Booked this hotel based on reviews on Expedia.
Posted 29 Apr 2018
I have chosen this hotel based on others reviews here on Expedia.
To my surprise, my experience has been different in a way.
First of all, I would like to thank one of the staff Umer or Omar who I found very friendly and really helpful. Thank you very much, Omar.
I booked an attic single room for 10 days and I shall start with the good points:
First, the building itself looks new. The room had a single bed (it could take a double bed easily) but that was exactly what I booked so I was happy with that. It was clean and it didn't smell bad at all. The whole building is very clean and nice.
The bad points now:
I stayed in that room for 10 days and there was no working A/C for 8 days. I did ask Staff and Expedia and all I was told was that there is electricity shortage due to construction. No apologies, no sorry nothing.
The room was at the top of the building so it gets very hot during the day. I really did not enjoy my stay there at all mainly due to that reason.
- There is no "do not disturb" signs! Cleaners got into the room while I was sleeping once and while I was in the toilet the other time.
- There was a smell of sewage coming from the bathroom, with no A/C it was not too pleasant.
- People smoked at the front of the hotel which then goes to the hotel rooms.
- The room was noisey. I asked Staff if i could get another room facing backward, they said yes but you'll have to pay us.
- There is no easy access to trasnportation. The easiset way was to use the bus
Comment from Hotel Management
5 May 2018 by the, Hotel Management
we are very happy to host you, your evaluations are very important to us.
The Elegant Hotel