Get an overview of this hotelBetween George and Princes streets in the city center
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
On Charlotte Square
This central Edinburgh hotel overlooks the gardens of Charlotte Square, and is a 15-minute walk from Haymarket and Waverley stations, and a 20-minute drive from Edinburgh Airport. Princes Street Gardens and Edinburgh Castle are nearby.
Health and Fitness Suite with a Pool
Guests enjoy complimentary access to The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square Vital Health and Fitness Suite's pool. Classes are available for a surcharge; advanced bookings are required.
The 199 air-conditioned guestrooms include LCD TVs, coffee/tea makers, hair dryers, free WiFi, and telephones with voice mail. Many rooms have views of Edinburgh Castle and Charlotte Square.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
Renovations & Closures
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
- Spa tub
- One of the swimming pools
Centrally located on Edinburgh’s famous Charlotte Square, the iconic The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square is at the very heart of the beautiful New Town. Getting to the hotel is simple: direct bus links connect the hotel to Edinburgh airport and both Waverley and Haymarket railways stations are within a 10-minute walk. The hotel concierge team is available to assist guests on arrival and help them make the most of their stay with extensive knowledge of Edinburgh's local tourist attractions, superb shopping, and exciting nightlife.
The Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square offers guests warmth, hospitality, and luxury in the heart of Edinburgh. Guests can relax in luxurious guestrooms and enjoy complimentary access to WiFi.
Many of the 199 bedrooms have been individually redesigned to complement the Georgian architecture and include spacious Executive Bedrooms, stunning Junior Suites with period details, and Feature bedrooms with leafy views over Charlotte Square or magnificent Edinburgh Castle.
- Coffee shop or café
- Business center
- Express check-out
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Laundry facilities
- Number of floors - 5
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Free newspapers in lobby
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- Luggage storage
- Concierge services
- Total number of rooms - 199
- Meeting rooms 9
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Self parking (surcharge)
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Express check-in
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Number of buildings/towers - 3
- Wedding services
Family Friendly Amenities
- Indoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Laundry facilities
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Room service (24 hours)
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Daily housekeeping
- Private bathroom
- Hair dryer
- Shower/tub combination
- Deep soaking bathtub
- Satellite TV service
- Iron/ironing board
- In-room safe
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Free bottled water
- Free WiFi
- In-room massage available
- Free toiletries
- Egyptian-cotton sheets
- LCD TV
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
- Blackout drapes/curtains
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
Minimum check-in age is 18
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.00 per night.
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of GBP 30.00 per pet, per night
- Dogs only
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 16 years old.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 22.00 per night
- Valet parking fee: GBP 22.00 per night
- Pet fee: GBP 30.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-out fee: GBP 20.00
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Edinburgh Roxburghe
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe Hotel
- Crowne Plaza Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Crowne Plaza
- Roxburghe Crowne Plaza
- Roxburghe Crowne Plaza Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Edinburgh Crowne Plaza
- Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh
- Roxburghe Hotel
- Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Hotel Macdonald Roxburghe
- The Roxburghe Hotel Edinburgh Scotland
- Macdonald Roxburghe Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Charlotte Square Hotel
- Principal Edinburgh Charlotte Square
- Principal Charlotte Square
We should mention
The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.