Get an overview of this hotel Luxury Edinburgh hotel in New Town, walk to Princes Street Gardens
Located in New Town, this luxury hotel is within a 10-minute walk of Princes Street Gardens and St. Giles' Cathedral. Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre and Edinburgh Castle are also within 15 minutes. Edinburgh Waverley Station is 9 minutes by foot and Edinburgh Haymarket Station is 22 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hotel has a fitness centre and a bar/lounge. WiFi in public areas is free. Other amenities include a coffee shop/café, coffee/tea in a common area and 24-hour room service.
All 240 rooms offer free WiFi and free wired Internet, plus 24-hour room service and digital TV. Rainfall showerheads, coffee/tea makers and free bottled water are among the other amenities available to guests.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
InterContinental Edinburgh The George
The hotel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. A business centre is on-site at this 5-star property.
Wireless Internet access is complimentary. This luxury hotel also offers a fitness centre, tour or ticket assistance and multilingual staff.
InterContinental Edinburgh The George is a smoke-free property.
- Express check-in
- Coffee/tea in common areas
- Fitness facilities
- 24-hour front desk
- Business centre
- Tours/ticket assistance
- Meeting rooms
- Year Built – 1775
- Coffee shop or café
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Free WiFi
- Smoke-free property
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Luggage storage
- Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Banquet hall
- Laundry facilities
- Total number of rooms - 240
- Number of floors - 7
- Wedding services
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Multilingual staff
- Free newspapers in lobby
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi , Free wired Internet
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Offsite parking discounted rates available
- Towels provided
- Linens provided
- Premium TV channels
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Room service (24 hours)
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free bottled water
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Rainfall showerhead
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Digital TV service
- Free WiFi
- Free wired Internet
- In-room safe
Where to Eat
Full breakfasts are available for a surcharge on weekdays between 6:30 AM and 10:00 AM and at the weekend between 7:30 AM and 10:30 AM.
Burr & Co – This coffee shop only serves light fare.
Printing Press – On-site restaurant.
24-hour room service is available.
Start your day with a full breakfast, available for a surcharge on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:00 AM and on weekends from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM. You can order a meal from 24-hour room service.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include a fitness centre.
Guests aged under 18 years old are not allowed in the fitness facility.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Mountain biking nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- Roll-in shower
- In-room accessibility
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Minimum check-in age is 18
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 12 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for GBP 30.00 per night.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of GBP 30 per pet, per night.
- Dogs only
- 2 per room
- Specific rooms only, restrictions apply
- Pet-friendly rooms can be requested by contacting the property on the number on the booking confirmation
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No on-site parking is available. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cots/infant beds and sofa beds. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Service animals exempt from fees/restrictions
Number of children who can stay for free – 2
The name of this property was previously The George.
- Deposit: GBP 50 per night
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 23.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: GBP 10 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.00 per night
- On-site credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of GBP 0
- George Hotel Edinburgh
- George Hotel
- George Edinburgh
- Principal Edinburgh George Street Hotel
- Principal George Street Hotel
- Principal Edinburgh George Street
- Principal George Street
- The Principal Edinburgh George Street Scotland
- InterContinental Edinburgh The George
- InterContinental Edinburgh The George Hotel
- InterContinental Edinburgh The George Edinburgh
- InterContinental Edinburgh The George Hotel Edinburgh
We should mention
Up to 2 children aged 12 years old and younger stay for free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Only registered guests are allowed in the guest rooms. The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
Awards & Affiliations
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.