Hip hotel, "meh" service
We stayed one night before leaving Edinburgh because it was close to the airport and it looked more interesting than the Hilton.
Room was comfortable enough but there were a few misses:
- The plug-in air freshener they used was awful smelling. It actually smelled like someone had been smoking in the room and they used the plug to cover up the scent, which made it worse
- Mildew stains in the shower and along shower door
- Phone receiver was not working properly so couldn't hear people speaking half the time
- Only one set of towels were laid out in the bathroom even though the reservation was for 2 people
- No outlets anywhere near the bed. Had to plug phones in at the foot of the bed
Service was perfunctory. While friendly enough, no one seemed particularly willing to go out of the way to help.
One reason I chose this hotel was because they offered a free shuttle service. However the shuttle never seemed to be available. I called asking about pick up from the airport around 9 pm and they said it was "not available." No explanations or much of an apology either. We were departing at 6:50 am and I asked if it'd be possible to get a shuttle a little earlier than the start time of 6 am, but that was also declined.
While the hotel looks close to the airport, a taxi cost £17. For comparison, an Uber from the city center to the hotel was only £15. Unfortunately Uber rides were not available that early in the morning.