Travellers to Dunwoody give high marks for the shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its entertainment, theatres and sporting events. Around the area, top sights include Perimeter Mall, Lenox Square and SunTrust Park.
- You'll find 1895 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Atlanta
- The closest major airport is in Atlanta, GA (PDK-DeKalb-Peachtree), 4.4 mi (7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Atlanta, GA (FTY-Fulton County), 16.3 mi (26.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dunwoody
The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Perimeter Mall is a favourite for retail therapy. Additionally, in the area you'll find Lenox Square and SunTrust Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 13 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Dunwoody. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to the airport and comfortable rooms.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Perimeter Center/Dunwoody - Our customers like the convenient parking and WiFi at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Le Meridien Atlanta Perimeter - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a fitness centre. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and bar.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Cumberland Mall, located 9.5 mi (15.3 km) from the heart of the city, and Atlanta Botanical Garden, which is 10.9 mi (17.5 km) away.
Getting around Dunwoody
Head to Dunwoody Station for metro transport. If you'd like to venture out around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Dunwoody
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 21°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 25°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Dunwoody gets about 1345.50 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 1°C