Like all places there are good and not so good features. First the Good:
1. Large house, plenty of space for 8 adults. Unbeatable view of the river/bay.
2. 3 bathrooms, also a good thing with lots of us.
3. Kitchen large and well equipped.
4. Landlord friendly and responded when we needed assistance. He is out of town but asked his sister-in-law who is a neighbor to come over when we needed help with the heat and water heater. She was wonderful.
5. Wonderful small community of Ardentinny. On the bus line to and from Dunoon. Bus travels till 11:30PM.
Not so good:
1. The house is pretty old and in need of some tender loving care (TLC). Window mechanisms need some work and floors are very squeaky.
2. There is a trick to the locks. Need to hold the handle up, then lock or unlock, then hold down to open.
3. The water heater and radiators work well, but you need to know how to operate the boiler. Once we figured that out, all worked fine.
4. There is no WiFi and phone coverage is nearly non existent. Seemed like some of our phones had spotty coverage, others had none. We did walk up or down the road to get coverage.
Suggestions for George and Elizabeth:
1. Write up an instruction sheet or more than just the TV. Folks like we Americans don't know how to operate things like European windows, boilers, 220W, locks etc.
2. Get WIFI even if you have to charge a bit more.
3. These are beautiful homes in a wonderful location. I think you could do well continuing to rent them out on Home Away but if you did a bit of maintenance and upkeep you could charge more and it would still be a bargain.
Thank you George and Elizabeth.