Search Dover Hotels, Portsmouth
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 20 Nov 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Dover, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its shopping and university setting. Top sights around the area include Fort Constitution Historical Site, Ogunquit Beach and Hampton Beach.
- You'll find 197 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Portsmouth
- The closest major airport is in Portsmouth, NH (PSM-Portsmouth Intl.), 8.2 mi (13.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sanford, ME (SFM-Sanford Seacoast Regional), 17 mi (27.4 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dover
The city's cultural venues include The Children's Museum of New Hampshire and Woodman Institute. Additionally, you might want to add Bellamy River Wildlife Management Area to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Dover. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- The Silver Fountain Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and quiet location.
- Homewood Suites Dover - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and pool at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Dover - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its overall value and central location.
In the surrounding area, popular places to visit include Fort Constitution Historical Site, located 12.1 mi (19.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Ogunquit Beach, which is 16 mi/25.7 km away.
Getting around Dover
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Dover Transportation Center. Dover may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dover
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -13°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 26°C, whilst the average at night is -2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 28°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- About 1249 millimetres of rain falls on Dover each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 26°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -11°C