Visitors are sure to enjoy the restaurants, bars, and shopping in Douglas. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming and walkable, seaside city has to offer, including its beaches, island views, and cafés.
- Though not directly in Douglas, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Townsville, QLD (TSV), 5 mi (8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Douglas
- Families come for attractions such as Townsville Palmetum, Dan Gleeson Memorial Gardens, and Anderson Park Botanical Gardens
- The beach, island views, and seaside highlight the natural beauty, and places to visit include Castle Hill, Queens Gardens, and Magnetic Island National Park
- Shopping is tops in the area, and Willows Shopping Centre is a favourite locale for retail therapy
Douglas is adjacent to Thuringowa Central. Popular sights in the area include ReefHQ Aquarium and Billabong Sanctuary.
Dressing for Douglas
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 22°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 30°C, while the average at night is 14°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 29°C with nighttime averages of 14°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and nighttime averages of 19°C
- Average annual rainfall for Douglas is 1025 millimetres