Visitors to Dornbirn are sure to enjoy the mountain views, bars and spas. Tourists can also enjoy the city's ski areas and coffee shops. A top sight in the area is Damuels-Mellau-Fashina Ski Resort.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Dornbirn
- The closest major airport is in Altenrhein (ACH-St. Gallen - Altenrhein), 12.8 mi (20.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Friedrichshafen (FDH-Friedrichshafen - Lake Constance), 23.6 mi (38 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dornbirn
Cultural venues in the city include Rolls-Royce Museum, Inatura and Dornbirn City Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Karren Mountain, Rotes Haus and Karren Gondola. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the mountains and Rappenloch Gorge.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Dornbirn. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Hirschen Dornbirn - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia travellers love its convenient parking and clean rooms.
- Fairmotel Dornbirn - Our customers like the breakfast and WiFi at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features free WiFi, free parking and a bar.
- Hotel Alpenrose Ebnit - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free valet parking.
One of the top places to see outside the city is Damuels-Mellau-Fashina Ski Resort, located 7.1 mi (11.5 km) from the city centre.
Getting around Dornbirn
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Dornbirn Station. Dornbirn may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Dornbirn
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 17°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Dornbirn gets about 740.80 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 24°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 0°C