Visiting Discovery Bay
Visitors can enjoy all that Discovery Bay has to offer including the beaches, sporting events and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's shopping, parks and museums. A top sight in the city is Green Grotto Caves.
- You'll find 1131 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Montego Bay
- The closest major airport is in Ocho Rios (OCJ-Ian Fleming Intl.), 29.4 mi (47.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Montego Bay (MBJ-Sir Donald Sangster Intl.), 33.3 mi (53.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Discovery Bay
The picturesque setting of Green Grotto Caves and Puerto Seco Beach Park exemplify the city's natural beauty. In the area, you'll also find Luminous Lagoon and Runaway Bay Beach.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 22 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Discovery Bay. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- ClockTower Apartments is located in central Discovery Bay. This 3.5-star apartment in Discovery Bay features free WiFi, free parking and laundry facilities.
- Clock Tower Guest House is located 1 mi (1.6 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star aparthotel in Discovery Bay can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Lot 12 Bengal Beach is located within 0.9 mi (1.5 km) of the city centre. Located in Discovery Bay, this 3.5-star villa features a private pool, a kitchen and free wired Internet.
Dressing for Discovery Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 19°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 32°C, whilst the average at night is 20°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 31°C and night-time averages of 20°C
- About 1292 millimetres of rain falls on Discovery Bay each year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 32°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 20°C