Visiting Debre Zeyit
Debre Zeyit's upscale hotels make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, but all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the restaurants, shopping and parks. Scenic landscape and welcoming, this lakefront city also attracts visitors with its monuments.
- There are 2 Debre Zeyit hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas August is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Addis Ababa (ADD-Bole Intl.), 21.2 mi (34.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Debre Zeyit
- Notable for its monuments and landmarks to visit, such as Debre Zeyit Mosque
- The lakes and parks provide a picturesque setting and Hora Lake Recreation Area is one place worth visiting
- Shopping is first class in the area, and Debre Zeyit Market is a favourite spot for retail therapy
Staying in Debre Zeyit
You might love Babogaya Lake Viewpoint Lodge for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Babogaya Lake Viewpoint Lodge with a 4.4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Debre Zeyit
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the nighttime average to be 9°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 23°C during the day and 13°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Debre Zeyit is 1317 millimetres