Upscale lodging choices in Daylesford make it a great destination for luxury-minded travellers, and many visitors are sure to appreciate the spas, cafes and lakeside setting. Relaxing and cultural, this city also attracts tourists with its gardens. A top sight in the city is Lake Daylesford.
- You'll find 394 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Daylesford
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 44.8 mi (72.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 49.2 mi (79.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Daylesford
The lakes and gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Lake Daylesford and Wombat Hill Botanic Gardens. Additionally, you might want to add Daylesford Museum and Cultural Centre to your agenda.
In Hepburn Springs, there are 273 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Lake House Daylesford - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and clean, quiet rooms.
- Daylesford Spa Accommodation - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this motel. This 3.5-star motel features free WiFi, free parking and a terrace.
- Albert Guest House and Mills Spa Suites - This 4-star guesthouse features free WiFi, free parking and spa treatment rooms. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
Getting around Daylesford
If you want to venture outside the area, hop aboard a train at Daylesford Station. Daylesford might not have as many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Daylesford
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 26°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 22°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Daylesford is 278.70 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually February and January with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are July and August with an average of 6°C