Visitors can enjoy all that Darjiling has to offer including the temples, mountain views and university setting. This city also attracts tourists with its scenic landscape.
- There are 83 hotels and other accommodation options in Darjiling
- The closest major airport is in Bagdogra (IXB), 25.7 mi (41.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Darjiling
The city is notable for landmarks like Chowrasta, Japanese Peace Pagoda and Batasia Memorial. The picturesque setting of Tiger Hill and Botanical Gardens exemplify the city's natural beauty. The university setting is a highlight of the city and St Joseph's College is worth a campus tour.
In Kurseong, you'll find 83 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- MAYFAIR Darjeeling - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Central Heritage - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Darjiling
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 14°C during the day and -11°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is -1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 22°C with night-time averages of 4°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -10°C
- About 412 millimetres of rain falls on Darjiling each year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging -9°C