Search Hotels in Crested Butte
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 9 Mar 2020
Reviewed on 23 Jan 2020
Reviewed on 2 Aug 2020
Visiting Crested Butte
Visitors to Crested Butte are sure to enjoy the skiing, mountain views and restaurants. Cosy and scenic, this city also attracts tourists with its shopping. A top sight in the city is Crested Butte Mountain Resort.
- There are 352 hotels and other accommodation options in Crested Butte
- The closest major airport is in Gunnison, CO (GUC-Gunnison-Crested Butte Regional), 23.2 mi (37.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Aspen, CO (ASE-Pitkin County), 25 mi (40.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Crested Butte
Cultural venues in the city include Crested Butte Mountain Theatre, Center for the Arts and Crested Butte Mountain Heritage Museum. The mountains and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Crested Butte Town Park, Meridian Lake and Point Lookout. Top activities include skiing and cycling, while Crested Butte Nordic Center and Crested Butte Mountain Resort are sights to visit.
In Almont, you'll find 352 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Nordic Inn - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and breakfast.
- Elk Mountain Lodge - Our customers like the helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms at this lodge. This 3-star lodge features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking.
- Lodge at Mountaineer Square - This 3.5-star lodge features ski slopes, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and pool.
Outside the city, popular places to see include Aspen Highlands, 22.6 mi/36.3 km from the city centre, and Snowmass Mountain, which is 23.5 mi (37.8 km) away.
Dressing for Crested Butte
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 9°C and the night-time average to be -22°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 25°C during the day and -7°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 18°C during the day and -21°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Crested Butte is 270.10 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -20°C
Frequently asked questions
Where is the best place to stay in Crested Butte?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Crested Butte, will I receive a refund?
What's the best budget-friendly hotel in Crested Butte?
What's the best accommodation option when travelling with children to Crested Butte?
What's the best hotel for a romantic getaway to Crested Butte?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Crested Butte?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Crested Butte?
What's the best boutique hotel in Crested Butte?
What's the best accommodation option for a winter holiday in Crested Butte?
What are some hotels with pools in Crested Butte?
Crested Butte Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Crested Butte by Star Rating
- Hotels near Crested Butte Airports
- Areas of Crested Butte
- Accommodation near Crested Butte Attractions
- More accommodation types in Crested Butte
- Choose Your Crested Butte Hotel Style
- Search Crested Butte Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Crested Butte
- Hotels Near Crested Butte, Colorado
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends