Visitors to Cranbourne are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's spas, gardens and bars. Around the area, top sights include Puffing Billy Steam Train, Mornington Racecourse and Sherbrooke Forest.
- You'll find 2684 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Melbourne
- The closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEB-Essendon), 33.7 mi (54.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 38.4 mi (61.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cranbourne
A couple of favourite places to visit are Cranbourne Racecourse and Royal Botanic Gardens Cranbourne. In the area, you'll also find Puffing Billy Steam Train and Mornington Racecourse.
This is a top accommodation option based on Expedia user reviews:
- Cranbourne Motor Inn - With a stay at this 3-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and concierge services, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its overall value and helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Sherbrooke Forest, 15.9 mi/25.6 km from the city centre.
Getting around Cranbourne
Make your way to Cranbourne Station to catch the metro. If you'd like to explore around the area, you may want a rental car for your journey.
Dressing for Cranbourne
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and night-time averages of 7°C
- Cranbourne gets about 12 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 25°C, whereas July and June are often coldest, averaging 5°C