Visitors can enjoy all that Craiova has to offer including the museums, art and musical theatre. Tourists can also enjoy the city's parks, archaeological sites and university setting.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Craiova
- The closest major airport is in Craiova (CRA), 3.3 mi (5.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Craiova
The university setting is a highlight of the city and University of Craiova is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dolj County Hall and Nicolae Romanescu Park.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Craiova. These are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel 5 Continents - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- Ramada Plaza by Wyndham Craiova - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an indoor pool.
- Oltenia Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a fitness centre, along with an in-room fireplace.
Getting around Craiova
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride aboard one of the trains from Craiova Station. Craiova might not have many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Craiova
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 14°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 21°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Craiova gets about 584 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 29°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C