History buffs enjoy visiting Cong though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. A top sight in the city is Ashford Castle.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Cong
- The closest major airport is in Knock (NOC-Ireland West), 31.6 mi (50.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Cong
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ashford Castle and Cong Abbey. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Ashford Castle Golf Club and Quiet Man Museum.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Cong. Below are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Ashford Castle - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a golf course, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and pool.
- Ryan's Hotel - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- The Lodge at Ashford Castle - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a golf course and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Cong
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 3°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 16°C as the daytime average and 3°C as the night-time average
- Cong gets about 926.50 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 3°C