Overpriced, tacky & bland, definitely not 4 stars
I guess I now know why so many review focus on the fact that the hotel is clean, there is nothing else good to say about this hotel. The staff are only nice when things are going well, as soon as you complain they treat you like dirt and like it's your fault.
1) I've stayed in better 4 star hotels in Africa. It is bland, completely classless, tacky and dreary. No character.
2) The hotel advertises that it has double beds, it doesn't. They just have two single beds pushed together so that you fall through the gap in the middle. We complained to the manager and he treated us like we were stupid and said that this was cultural (he lied, we have stayed in many italian hotels with double beds).
3) Everything in the hotel is as cheap as they can make it: the shower is so tiny that you keep hitting the tap when showering and getting drenched in boiling water, the toilet paper is so thin you have to wash yourself free of bits when you finish using it, the breakfast mostly consists on pre-packaged food and they don't replace anything fresh that runs out (this happened everyday well before the end of the breakfast hour), the carpets are worn, etc.
4) The hotel advertises that it has a poolside bar, it doesn't.
5) The hotel advertises that it has soundproofed rooms, it doesn't. We got woken up every morning by noise from within the hotel.