Visiting Christian Quarter
History buffs enjoy visiting Christian Quarter though all visitors are sure to find something to appreciate. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, coffee shops and gardens. Top sights around the area include Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Tower of David Museum of the History of Jerusalem and Jaffa Gate.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Christian Quarter
- The closest major airport is in Tel Aviv (TLV-Ben Gurion), 26 mi (41.9 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Tel Aviv (SDV-Sde Dov), 34.6 mi (55.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Christian Quarter
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Church of the Holy Sepulchre, Via Dolorosa, and Ethiopian Monastery. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Mosque of Omar and Monastery of St. Saviour.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hashimi Hotel - This hotel in Old City features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
Top places to visit in the area include Tower of David Museum of the History of Jerusalem, 0.2 mi/0.3 km from the heart of the city, and Jaffa Gate, which is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) away.
Dressing for Christian Quarter
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 20°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 5°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 28°C as the daytime average and 6°C as the night-time average
- Christian Quarter gets about 491.80 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 6°C