Visitors can enjoy all that Chongming has to offer including the forests, waterfront and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its museums.
- There are 14 hotels and other accommodation options in Chongming
- The closest major airport is in Shanghai (SHA-Hongqiao Intl.), 33.6 mi (54 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Shanghai (PVG-Pudong Intl.), 36.1 mi (58.1 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Chongming
The city's natural beauty is on display at Danyuan Park, Yingzhou Park and Dongtan Birds National Nature Reserve. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Chongming Port and Dongping National Forest Park.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 14 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Chongming. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Sheraton Shanghai Chongming Hotel - This 4-star hotel features 2 indoor pools, 2 restaurants and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its comfortable rooms.
- Hyatt Regency Chongming - Our customers like the helpful staff at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
Dressing for Chongming
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 24°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Chongming gets about 1133.10 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C