Get an overview of this hotelOn the Magnificent Mile, nestled in Chicago's prestigious Gold Coast neighborhood, and adjacent to Oak Street Beach
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 2 August 2017 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Close to lake
Overlooking Lake Michigan, this opulent 1920s landmark Chicago hotel is set on the Magnificent Mile, with the shops of Water Tower Place a block away; Oak Street Beach is across the street.
Each afternoon, the Palm Court hosts a traditional English tea with live harp music next to an antique marble fountain. Wireless Internet access is available in the hotel lobby.
Classic in design, guestrooms at The Drake Hotel feature high-speed Internet access, pay movies, and laptop-compatible safes.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us!Opens in a new window
The Drake Hotel
On-site dining options at the Drake Hotel include a steakhouse with lake views, an intimate piano lounge, and room service.
A fitness/wellness center is equipped with cardiovascular and strength-training equipment (surcharge). Guests also receive discounted access to the Equinox health club, less than a block away, with an indoor pool, massage therapy, and yoga and Pilates classes.
The business center is open Monday–Saturday and features 2 flat-screen monitors, printing, copying, shipping, office supplies, faxing, and high-speed Internet access (surcharges).
The hotel's 30,000 square feet of meeting and event space includes the Gold Coast Room, which features Italian architectural style, marble floors, crystal chandeliers, and room for 600 guests. Event catering, audiovisual equipment, and high-speed Internet access are available (surcharge).
- Use of nearby fitness center (discount)
- Limo or Town Car service available
- Business center
- Conference space
- Meeting rooms 14
- Safe-deposit box at front desk
- Total number of rooms - 535
- Express check-out
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff
- Gift shops or newsstand
- Shopping on site
- Dry cleaning/laundry service
- Number of floors - 10
- Valet parking (surcharge)
- Number of bars/lounges - 2
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Coffee shop or café
- Health club
- Tours/ticket assistance
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Concierge services
- Luggage storage
- Number of restaurants - 5
- Self parking (surcharge)
Available in all rooms: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period ), Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Available in some public areas: Wireless internet access ( USD 12.95 per 24-hour period )
Self parking (surcharge), Valet parking (surcharge)
- Premium TV channels
- Pay movies
- Premium bedding
- Hypo-allergenic bedding available
- Air conditioning
- Coffee/tea maker
- Turndown service
- Private bathroom
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- In-room safe (laptop compatible)
- Cable TV service
- Flat-panel TV
- WiFi (surcharge)
- Wired Internet access (surcharge)
- MP3 docking station
- Free newspaper
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Room service
- Room service (limited hours)
- Down comforter
- Pillowtop mattress
- Pillow menu
- Free cribs/infant beds
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- Connecting/adjoining rooms available
Where to Eat
Drake Bros. - Offering superb views of Lake Michigan, and decorated with black-and-white vintage Chicago photography. Open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
Coq d'Or - This intimate lounge is a throwback to its Prohibition past, with dim lighting, low ceilings, and brick-red leather booths and bar stools. Martinis are the drink specialty, and a short menu features dishes from the Cape Cod Room, including clam chowder and whitefish. Lunch and dinner are served daily.
Palm Court - Located in the hotel's upper lobby, this Chicago tradition hosts cocktails, coffee, and traditional English tea next to an antique marble fountain. A harpist plays at teatime.
Room service is available until 1 AM.
Nearby Things to Do
The Drake Hotel's fitness center features polished wood floors and an array of new equipment including stationary bicycles, treadmills, stair machines, and exercise balls. Complimentary earphones are available during workouts. Guests also receive discounted access to the facilities and classes at the Equinox health club in the Bloomingdale's building less than a block away.
The hotel is across Lake Shore Drive from Oak Street Beach on Lake Michigan, popular for sunbathing and swimming in the summer. Guests can walk, jog, or bike along a 20-mile lakefront path. Canoeing, kayaking, and rowing equipment can be rented from the Lincoln Park Boathouse, two miles away. Four miles from the hotel, the Sydney R. Marovitz golf course offers a challenging and scenic nine-hole course along Lake Michigan.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on site or near the hotel; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
- Accessible bathroom
- In-room accessibility
- Roll-in shower
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 35.0 per night.
- Free cribs (infant beds)!
- Pets allowed for an extra charge of USD 75 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 30 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 12.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 47 per night (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 67 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75 per pet (varies based on length of stay)
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 35.0 per night
- Drake Chicago
- Drake Hotel
- Drake Hotel Chicago
- Hotel Drake
- Chicago Drake Hotel
- The Drake Hotel Chicago
We should mention
Up to 2 children 18 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.