"Average. Blocks from start of historic Route 66."
Stayed for five nights, and had no major complaints. I had seen others complain about street noise, which I experienced very little of on the alley side of the hotel.
There were only a few very minor things I didn't like about the room:
1. It's one of the smaller hotel rooms I've ever stayed in
2. The room's door wasn't sealed around the door, and you could see light from the hall through the crack around all edges of the door.
3. The heat and air conditioner unit ran constantly while on (but wasn't loud)
Things other people might not like:
1. My room (single double) had no refrigerator, mini fridge, hair dryer, or personal safe
2. The television was small (maybe 20")
3. Keycard access to use elevator (think shopping, food, luggage)
4. The alarm clock display illuminates the room
As for location, it's on Adams street and was only a 10-15 minute walk to everywhere I needed to be. Checkout, walk to the train, and boarding for O'Hare took 8 minutes (at around 6am). The hotel has an attached pub called Elephant & Castle, which had great food and beer. While almost everything around closed at 5pm, a lot of pubs and some restaurants are open late.
There's a members lounge in the basement, where they have fruit, snacks, coffee, soft drinks, a television, computers, and a couple of checkers boards. I couldn't figure out when the snacks and soft drinks were taken out for the night.. they were there at 7pm one day and gone at 5:45pm the next day.
Traveller from Richmond, VA