Get an overview of this hotel3-star Chicago hotel in Kenwood, near University of Chicago
Collecting Nectar Points
Special Offer: Book by 7 February 2018 and collect double Nectar points!
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in Kenwood, this hotel is 1 mi (1.6 km) from Chicago Museum of Science and Industry and 1.8 mi (2.8 km) from University of Chicago. Court Theatre and Robie House are also within 2 miles (3 km).
This hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and a bar/lounge. Free WiFi in public areas, free self parking and a free area shuttle are also provided. Additionally, a seasonal outdoor pool, meeting rooms and A 24-hour front desk are on-site.
All 70 properties offer free WiFi, coffee makers and TVs with cable channels. Hairdryers, ironing boards and desks are among the other amenities that guests will find.Information missing or incorrect? Tell us! Opens in a new window.
Chicago Lake Shore Hotel
The hotel offers a restaurant. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Wireless Internet access is complimentary. Event facilities measuring 8000 square feet (743 square metres) include meeting rooms. This business-friendly hotel also offers an outdoor pool, multilingual staff and beach/pool umbrellas. On-site self parking is complimentary.
Chicago Lake Shore Hotel has designated areas for smoking.
- Conference space size (meters) - 743
- Free area shuttle
- Luggage storage
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Conference space size (feet) - 8000
- Designated smoking areas
- 24-hour front desk
- Pool umbrellas
- Year Built 1960
- Meeting rooms 7
- Total number of rooms - 70
- Free self parking
- Pool sun loungers
- Free WiFi
- Number of floors - 2
- Number of buildings/towers - 1
- Wedding services
- Outdoor pool
- Outdoor seasonal pool
- Multilingual staff
Family Friendly Amenities
- Family Hotel
- Outdoor pool
- Free Wi-Fi
- Area shuttle (complimentary)
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Free WiFi
- Cribs/infant beds (surcharge)
- Private bathroom
- Shower/tub combination
- Premium TV channels
- In-room climate control (air conditioning)
- Air conditioning
- Blackout drapes/curtains
- Coffee/tea maker
- Free toiletries
- Hair dryer
- Iron/ironing board
- Daily housekeeping
- Cable TV service
- Rollaway/extra beds (surcharge)
- In-room climate control (heating)
Where to Eat
Lake Shore Cafe – This restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves breakfast, lunch and dinner.
Lake Shore Lounge – This restaurant specialises in American cuisine and serves lunch and dinner.
Nearby Things to Do
Recreational amenities at the hotel include an outdoor pool.
The recreational activities listed below are available either on-site or nearby; fees may apply.
- Bicycle rentals nearby
- Golfing nearby
- Hiking/biking trails nearby
If you have requests for specific accessibility needs, please note them at check-out when you book your room.
Check-in time ends at midnight
Check-in time starts at 3 PM
Minimum check-in age is 21
Check-out time is noon
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Kids stay free! Children 17 years old and younger stay free when using existing bedding.
- Rollaway/extra beds are available for USD 10.00 per night.
- Cribs (infant beds) are available for USD 10 per night.
- Pets are allowed for an extra charge of USD 50 per pet, per stay.
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- Deposit: USD25.00 per stay
- Breakfast fee: between USD5.00 and USD15.00 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: USD50 per pet, per stay
- Crib (infant bed) fee: USD10 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: USD10.00 per night
- Chicago Lake Shore Hotel
- Chicago Lake Shore
- Ramada Inn Lake Shore - Chicago Hotel Chicago
- Ramada Chicago
- Ramada Lake Shore Chicago
We should mention
Children aged 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.