Guests will appreciate the shopping, cafes and golfing in Cheltenham. Welcoming and walkable, this city also attracts visitors with its restaurants and sporting events.
- You'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas November is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 23.3 mi (37.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Cheltenham
- Golfing is one of the top activities, whereas Victoria Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club, and Yarra Yarra Golf Club are favourite sights to visit
- National Gallery of Victoria and Melbourne Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Families come for attractions such as Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, and St. Kilda Sea Baths
- St. Kilda Beach, Brighton Beach, and Luna Park are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Southland Shopping Centre, Chadstone Shopping Mall and Bourke Street Mall
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Caulfield Racecourse or Etihad Stadium
Getting around Cheltenham
There are plenty of options for getting around Cheltenham. Head to Cheltenham Station for metro transit.
Staying in Cheltenham
Seeking a charming or small, stylish hotel? You might love Quest Cheltenham.
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Quest Cheltenham with a 4.5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Cheltenham
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- Average annual rainfall for Cheltenham is 12 millimetres