Visitors can enjoy all that Charmey has to offer including the ski areas, spas and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its restaurants. Top sights around the area include Freddie Mercury Statue, Chateau de Chillon and Adelboden Ski Resort.
- There are 3 hotels and other accommodation options in Charmey
- The closest major airport is in Bern (BRN-Belp), 25.7 mi (41.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Sion (SIR), 27.2 mi (43.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Charmey
A couple of favourite places to visit are Gastlosen and Charmey Gondola. In the area, you'll also find Freddie Mercury Statue and Chateau de Chillon.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Cailler - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
A popular place to see outside the city is Adelboden Ski Resort, located 19.3 mi (31.1 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Charmey
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 12°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 23°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 25°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 29 millimetres of rain falls on Charmey each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 24°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C